AtmosAir 9000 Active
Pressure injury prevention
AtmosAir™ 9000 Active is a mattress replacement system (MRS) combining the benefits of a high specification hybrid mattress, with patented Self Adjusting Technology™ (SAT) and the option of a powered pump unit for active pressure redistribution.
Building on the AtmosAir range of support surfaces, the AtmosAir Active provides reactive pressure redistribution. Adding the pump to the AtmosAir 9000A provides an alternating action to the cells providing a 12 minute 1 in 2 cell cycle.
AtmosAir 9000 Active provides the option for caregivers to step up or step down care when clinically required.
Self Adjusting Technology making the difference
Using non-powered Self Adjusting Technology, the AtmosAir 9000 Active delivers reactive pressure redistribution at a constant low pressure even when transporting a patient or during electrical power outages.
SAT is a unique system of individual air chambers with self-regulating valves that continuously and automatically regulate internal air pressures for consistent pressure redistribution. Open to the atmosphere, SAT provides weight distribution without the need for air reservoirs, or manual adjustments.
• Durable, water resistant,¹ moisture vapour permeable cover which provides multi-directional stretch capabilities to help reduce skin shear and friction.²⁻³
• Nine horizontal cells provide the patient with support in the torso and sacral area.
• A convoluted soft foam layer helps to promote patient comfort.
• A slopped heel section helps to redistribute pressure away from the vulnerable heel area.
• The optional pump unit allows care givers to step up or step down care when clinically required. Adding the pump to the AtmosAir 9000A provides an alternating action to the cells.
• The AtmosAir 9000 Active Mattress Replacement System (MRS) can be used with or without the pump. Custom sizes are available to ensure the correct fit for a variety of medical bed frames.
High weight limit across the range
• The weight limit on AtmosAir 9000 Active and the AtmosAir 300 cushion is 227 kg (500 lbs) and is consistent across the AtmosAir range, facilitating consistency of care and supporting the needs of the heavier patient.
• The cover is multi-stretch latex free, anti-microbial and fungi-static,⁴ with welded seams and a high moisture vapour transmission rate. It has a 360 degree zip and light colored underside to facilitate audit.
Cost effective and efficient
• The cost efficiencies and clinical benefits of hybrid mattresses are increasingly recognized, and have been associated with reduced set up time and staff empowerment.⁵ The modular construction and component parts are all replaceable, maximizing product life, and reducing costs.
• Infection control is aided by anti-microbial properties in the cover.⁴ Welded seams help to reduce the risk of fluid ingress.⁶
1. Arjo Data on File. (2017). Results of Hydrostatic Pressure Test for Reliant IS2 Fabric. Test Report Number 100062705; Feb 2017.
2. Arjo Data on File. (2017). Verification of the Properties of Reliant IS2 Material. Test Report 100062715; Page 5, Feb 2017.
3. Arjo Data on File. Coefficient of Friction Testing – Fabric Replacement Coefficient of Friction Test Results (Material: PER464).
4. Arjo Data on File. Fabric Replacement Product Inspection/Demonstration Test (Material Dartex PER464). Test Report Number 100014856.
5. Fletcher J, Tite M, Clark M. (2016). Real-World Evidence from a Large-Scale Multisite Evaluation of a Hybrid Mattress. Wounds UK. 12(3):54-61.
6. Arjo Data on File. RF Welded Mattress Tensile Test (AtmosAir & Auto Logic 200). Test Report Number 100016547.
|Mattress A (L x W x H) mm||1905 x 81 x 17.7 mm|
|Mattress A (L x W x H) in||75 x 32 x 7 in|
|Mattress A Weight kg||18 kg|
|Mattress A Weight lb||39,6 lb|
|Mattress B (L x W x H) in||84 x 42 x 7 in|
|Weight kg||2,2 kg|
|Weight lb||4,8 lb|
|Operating Cycle Time||12 minutes|
* Please check with your local sales representative if the product is available for sale in your country.