Citadel Plus Bariatric Care System
Preserving dignity for patients of size
Maintaining patient dignity is vitally important for caregivers. This is especially so for patients of size who dislike the extra attention and perceived stigma associated with use of specialist bariatric equipment while in the hospital.
Citadel Plus provides flexible, safe and efficient patient care
The bed is the centre of care during a hospital stay, providing a platform for patient recovery while helping reduce the risk of patient and caregiver injury. Citadel Plus is purpose-built for hospitals demanding the highest levels of safety and efficiency from their beds and therapeutic surfaces.
Patient and caregiver safety
• Facilitates one person transport of patients weighing up to 454 kg (1000 lbs) depending on hospital protocol.
• Can help reduce the risk of work-related injuries and help increase efficiency.
VariZone Patient Movement and Exit Detection
Can be set to alarm and detect when undesired movement of the patient occurs. Sensitivity of the system can be adjusted and is bespoke to each patient.
AES (Anti-Entrapment System)
AES detects obstructions under the sleep deck during bed articulation and stops the downward movement of the bed to help prevent injury to a person or damage to other equipment.
Provides visual alerts on 4 bed safety conditions to help staff provide a safe environment especially for those patients identified at risk from falls:
• side rail position
• brake status
• bed height
• if VariZone is armed
• Citadel Plus incorporates 3 width expansion options. Variable width and length provides flexibility to accommodate different size patients and enables easier access through doorways and in elevators during transport. Width adjustment is always available even during power outages.
Integrated weigh scale
• Digital display weighs up to 454 kg (+/- 500 g). The Auto-Compensation feature allows objects to be added or removed without impacting the patient’s weight reading. Patient weight is visually displayed for 10 seconds only to help protect patient dignity.
Head of bed angle
• Digital head of bed angle display provides clear information to assist caregivers in appropriate patient positioning. Automatic pause at 30 degree head elevation helps remind caregivers when this important angle has been reached.
One Button Chair Position
• The Citadel Plus can be articulated into a chair position lowering the legs and abdomen to help improve patient comfort.
• AtmosAir™ Plus designed specifically for Citadel Plus helps provide skin protection for patients of size. The pressure redistribution surface uses Self Adjusting Technology™ (SAT™) to automatically adjust cell pressures in response to patient movement.
• Skin IQ® 1000 Microclimate Manager (MCM) provides a simple, effective solution for managing the skin microclimate of plus size patients weighing up to 454 kg (1000 lbs).
• Consistency in use of technology, many functionalities and accessories across the Enterprise® and Citadel product lines, provide opportunities for economies of scale which could have a positive impact on organisational costs.
Ease of maintenance
• Standardized architecture ensures ease of maintenance for service personnel by providing consistent methods to perform common service tasks.
Reduced training time
• Standardization of many of the controls and user interfaces across the Citadel and Enterprise lines can help reduce the training burden for busy caregivers and hospital service personnel.
|Overall standard length (HOD) mm||2400 mm|
|Overall standard length (HOD) in||94,5 in|
|Overall standard length (HOB) mm||2140 mm|
|Overall standard length (HOB) in||84 in|
|Overall width mm||1180 mm|
|Overall width in||46,6 in|
|Mattress length standard mm||2140 mm|
|Mattress length standard in||84 in|
|Mattress width standard mm||1041 mm|
|Mattress width standard in||41 in|
|Overall width extended mm||1340 mm|
|Overall width extended in||52,6 in|
|Mattress width extended mm||1219 mm|
|Mattress width extended in||48 in|
|Overall length, extended (HOD) mm||2500 mm|
|Overall length, extended (HOD) in||98,5 in|
|Overall length, extended (HOB) mm||2240 mm|
|Overall length, extended (HOB) in||88 in|
|Mattress length, extended mm||2240 mm|
|Mattress length, extended in||88 in|
|Overall length, short (HOD) mm||2300 mm|
|Overall length, short (HOD) in||90,5 in|
|Overall length, short (HOB) mm||2020 mm|
|Overall length, short (HOB) in||80 in|
|Overall width short mm||1030 mm|
|Overall width short in||40,6 in|
|Mattress width short mm||864 mm|
|Mattress width short in||34 in|
|Mattress length short mm||2020 mm|
|Mattress length short in||80 in|
|Top height (with 150 mm castors) mm||800 mm|
|Top height (with 150 mm castors) in||31,5 in|
|Safe working load kg||522 kg|
|Safe working load lb||1150 lb|
|Maximum patient weight kg||454 kg|
|Maximum patient weight lb||1000 lb|
|Safety standard IEC||IEC60601-2-52-2009|
|Safety standard ANSI/AAMI||ANSI/AAMI ES60601-1-2005|
|Safety standard CAM/CSA||CAM/CSA C22 2 60601-1-DB|
|Mattress thickness mm||150 mm|
|Mattress thickness in||6 in|
|Product weight (approx.) with Power Drive kg||360 kg|
|Product weight (approx.) with Power Drive lb||793 lb|
|Product weight (approx.) without Power Drive kg||306 kg|
|Product weight (approx.) without Power Drive lb||675 lb|
|Backup battery||2 x 12 V series connected, sealed, rechargeable lead/acid gel, 26Ah|
|Head down tilt||12°|
|Foot down tilt||12°|
|Patient weighing system|
|Minimum verification interval (scale division) kg||0,5 kg|
|Minimum verification interval (scale division) lb||1 lb|
|Minimum capacity kg||10 kg|
|Minimum capacity lb||22 lb|
|Maximum capacity kg||522 kg|
|Maximum capacity lb||1150 lb|
* Please check with your local sales representative if the product is available for sale in your country.