Intuitive drive assist for your Enterprise or
IndiGo is the intuitive drive assistance that
makes lighter transport available to any
caregiver with just a touch – for safety and
Transporting patients in hospital beds is a common patient handling task that can pose significant ergonomic risks for involved caregivers, such as nurses, porters and transport team members.1 At Arjo, we believe the right transport assist solution should ensure you always have enough time and energy left for the job that matters most: caring for patients.
For hospitals looking to reduce ergonomic risk and support efficient workflows, IndiGo is the powered 5th wheel that aims to offer a helping hand in order to make every transport as safe, controlled and simple as possible.
- Supports caregiver and patient safety
- Intuitive ‘grab-and-go’ operation
- Easy and seamless workflow integration
IndiGo can be supplied factory-fitted to new Enterprise and Citadel beds, or it can be retrofitted to select frames, including Enterprise 9000X and Citadel Patient Care System.
1. Paul, G. & Quintero-Duran, M. Ergonomic assessment of hospital bed moving using DHM Siemens JACK. Proceedings 19th Triennial Congress of the IEA, Melbourne 9-14 August 2015.
IndiGo is the breakthrough intuitive drive assist technology that enables a single caregiver to easily maneuver the hospital bed from any position – without the added complexity of separate controls or handles.
Supports caregiver and patient safety
- Provides intelligent drive and braking assistance based on caregiver input – will increase or decrease assist as required.
- May reduce the ergonomic risk associated with patient transport by reducing the work needed to move a bed down slopes by 70% and up slopes by 60%.1
- Responsive assistance helps avoid the control and movement disadvantages associated with traditional power drive systems.
Intuitive ‘grab-and-go’ operation
- Ground-breaking 360º operation means no buttons, handles or controls – simply grab the bed and go.
- Can be pushed or pulled from anywhere around the bed.
- Built directly into the bed itself without compromising standard bed functionality.
Easy and seamless workflow integration
- Always available to give caregivers the help they need, whenever they need it.
- Minimal required training supports the normal hospital workflow.
Automatic slope detection
- Provides extra assistance on inclines and braking assistance when moving down a slope.
Clear on/off indicator
- Blue LED light illuminates the floor on both sides of the bed when the drive wheel is active or when the battery is low.
- Automatically activated by lifting the brake pedal to the upright position – an easy and intuitive action.
- Provides steering mode as well as power assist – simple deactivation allows for sideways movements and small positioning adjustments in tight spaces.
- The centre drive wheel minimises the space needed to take corners as well as full 360-degree turns.
Emergency stop buttons
- Located at the head-end and foot ends of the bed, the electronic braking assist function provides a gradual stop, rather than an immediate, hard stop for additional patient and caregiver safety.
Simple attachment and installation
- Can be clamped on to an existing Citadel or Enterprise bed with minimal preparation of the bed frame.
Existing power connection
- Connects to the original bed power cord, re-routing to the bed control box.
1. Matz, M., Morgan, J. (2018). The Case For Powered Bed Transport (Whitepaper).
|Li-Ion battery||25.2v nominal voltage, 4.3 amp capacity battery|
charge time from empty: ~4 hours
|Full battery achievable distance||3.10 miles (5000m)|
|Low battery achievable distance||.31 - .62 miles (500 – 1000m)|
|Critical battery time remaining||20 seconds|
|Maximum speed for full assistance||3mph (5km/h)|
|IndiGo wheel drive||Non-marking|
|Degree of liquid ingress protection||IPX4|
|Degree of proctection against electrical shock||Class 1|
|Allowed combination||Citadel Bed Frame System|
Enterprise 9000X Acute Care Hospital Bed
|Expected Service Life||The expected service life is 10 years when|
preventative maintenance is performed as
specified in the Care and Preventive Maintenance
section of the Instructions for Use (IFU) document
|Watt-hour rating||108 Wh Nominal|
|Safe working load||IndiGo has the same Safe Working Load as the bed to which it is fitted|
|Battery||Lithium-ion. Not for disposal, only to be recycled|
|Package||Wood and corrugated cardboard recyclable|
|IndiGo||Electric, metal and plastic parts shall be separated and recycled according to (WEEE) and according to markings on the unit|
Operating, transport and storage conditions
|Temperature (operating)||57°F to 95°F (14°C to 35°C)|
|Temperature (transport and storage)||-20°F to 122°F (-29°C to 50°C)|
|Relative humidity (operating)||20%-80%|
|Relative humidity (transport and storage)||20%-90% at 86°F (30°C),|
|Atmospheric pressure (operating)||700 hPa to 1060 hPa|
|Atmospheric pressure (transport and storage)||700 hPa to 1060 hPa|
Certifications and standards
|IEC 60601-1:2005 + A1:2012|
|Medical Electrical Equipment|
|UN DOT 38.3|
|Transportation Testing for Lithium Batteries|
|EU Directive 2011/65/EU|
|Restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment|
* Please check with your local sales representative if the product is available for sale in your country.