Arjo Insight supports you to elevate safety, efficiency and quality of care by:
Understanding the needs of your care receivers
Providing a visual overview of the needs of your resident/patient population based on their functional mobility.
Assessing the risks to your care staff
Identifying possible causes of physical overload or strain, a leading indicator of caregiver injury.
Highlighting priorities and opportunities
Providing clear guidance on what investments can make the biggest impact to enhance safety and efficiency at your care facility.
Guiding the way forward
Periodic re-assessments continually monitor the impact of your investment.
Ensuring the provision of suitable equipment in good working condition:
- Reduces the need to resort to manual handling, which can put your care staff at increased risk of physical strain and injury. This in turn helps to reduce staff sick leave and turnover, along with the associated costs.
- Enables more resident/patient transfer and hygiene tasks to be performed by a single caregiver, thus promoting workflow efficiency.
- Reduces costly equipment downtime as well as the safety risks associated with equipment breaking down during use.
Assessment focus areas
Patient handling and transfer equipment
Assessing the type and number of equipment to facilitate safe and efficient working techniques and promote mobility wherever possible.
Assessing potential time efficiency savings with the use of height-adjustable equipment for dignified, efficient hygiene care routines whilst reducing the risk of caregiver physical strain.
"Doing Arjo assessments has given us three things:
- Knowledge of our equipment needs - both short-term and long-term
- Confidence that we are able to meet the needs of our patient mix at unit level
- Allowed a review of (equipment maintenance) processes to prevent injuries to staff and patients."
Head of Health and Safety, Cardiff & Vale Health board, United Kingdom, December 2019
ISO/TR 12296:2012 Ergonomics — Manual Handling of People in the Healthcare Sector, 2012.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2019), Minimum Data Set (MDS) Ver. 3.0 Resident Assessment and Care Screening. Nursing Home Comprehensive (NC) Item Set, Section G0110.
Matz M (2019), Patient Handling and Mobility Assessments, 2nd Edition.