A truly ergonomic multi-purpose hygiene chair
A multipurpose hygiene chair for more dependent residents and patients. Reduces static load, saves time for the caregiver and improves each hygiene routine and makes them more comfortable and dignified for the resident or patient.
The Carendo® can improve quality of life by making assisted showering and other hygiene routines not only more secure and comfortable, but also a more dignified experience.
Improving task efficiency and effectiveness.
Ergonomic design, battery-powered assistance and the care raiser function removes the stress and strain from showering and other everyday hygiene routines, allowing the caregiver to work in a secure and ergonomically sound manner.
Improving care and efficiency
The Carendo also improves efficiency of the care, as it enables a single caregiver to perform the entire showering procedure, as well as a wide range of other everyday hygiene tasks. The high level of support provided by the Carendo results in streamlined routines that offer considerable time savings compared to traditional methods.
- The care raiser function is unique, as it lifts the lower part of the resident's/patient's body, enabling easy and discreet access for sensitive hygiene tasks
- A handset gives the caregiver complete control over the battery-powered functions: raising, lowering, reclining and the care raiser
- The high backrest and sturdy armrests provide optimum resident/patient support and security
- The reclined position gives full access for the caregiver to most parts of the body and is very comfortable for the resident/patient
The innovative ergonomic design of the Carendo® is highly versatile and can also support better routines for hair washing, pedicure, toileting, dressing undressing, and changing of incontinence pads.
The resident/patient can be positioned into a reclined position. The resident's/patient's posterior can be raised while they are reclined in the Care Raiser™ position. These positions can be achieved at all heights.
Measurements and weights
|Safe working load||136 kg (300lbs)|
|Weight||64 kg (141 lbs)|
|Lifting stroke (seat)||550 mm (21 5/8")|
|Seat height, lowest position||510 mm (20 1/8ʺ)|
|Maximum overall length||1520 mm (59 7/8ʺ)|
|Maximum overall width||650 mm (25 5/8ʺ)|
|Total height, upright position||1230 mm (48 3/8ʺ)|
|Total length, upright position||940 mm (37ʺ)|
|Chassis, Max width||640 mm (25 1/5ʺ)|
|Chassis, width between legs||508 mm (20ʺ)|
|Supply voltage||24 V DC|
|Max power||150 VA|
|Protection Class||IPX4 (complete product)|
- Care raiser function allowing undressing/dressing, improving accessibility, changing of incontinence pads, etc.
- Electrically height adjustable to enable the right working height for good ergonomics.
- Reclined position to position the resident/patient in a stretched position when showering.
- Two sets of driving and manoeuvre handles.
- Neck pillow for resident/patient comfort.
- Full length backrest with recess in the lower part of the backrest.
- Integrated net pocket for storage of personal belongings, such as shampoo, soap, etc.
- Handheld control unit for all functions with easy-to-understand symbols.
- Low battery buzzer.
- 2 sets of 24 V batteries with NiMH technology (nickel-metal hydride), chargeable at any level.
- Emergency lowering.
- Emergency stop.
- Safety strap.
- Lifting capacity 136 kg (300 lbs).
- Bedpan holder
- Bedpan, plastic
- Toilet adaptor
* Please check with your local sales representative if the product is available for sale in your country.