Alpha Active 3
Designed for the prevention and management of pressure injuries¹, the Alpha Active® 3 pressure redistributing mattress overlay system is suitable for a range of care environments, including home and community care settings.
• Vapour permeable and water resistant, incorporating 2-way stretch and bacteriostatic properties
• 2 modes of operation for enhanced choice and flexibility
Integrated audio & visual alarms
• Includes low pressure alarm, power fail alarm and pump fault alarm
Modular nylon PU cells
• Modular construction contributes to ease of cleaning and maintenance
1. National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel, European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel and Pan Pacific Pressure Injury Alliance. Prevention and Treatment of Pressure Ulcers: Clinical Practice Guideline. Emily Haesler (Ed.). Cambridge Media: Osbourne Park, Western Australia; 2014.
• 2 Modes of operation
Active/Alternating mode: periodically redistributes pressure away from vulnerable areas by alternately inflating and deflating cells beneath the patient.
Reactive/Static mode: cell pressure is equalised to redistribute the body weight over a greater surface area: suitable for patients unable to tolerate a moving surface.
• Variable pressure control settings – allows appropriate individual pressure settings to be set via simple control
• Audio & Visual alarms – includes Low pressure alarm, Power fail alarm and Pump fault alarm
• Modular construction – contributes to ease of cleaning and maintenance
• Transport facility – Cell pressures are automatically equalised, leaving an even surface
• Static head cells – 3 static head cells
• Top cover – vapour permeable and water resistant, incorporating 2-way stretch and bacteriostatic properties, welded option available.
• CPR deflate – rapid deflation function allows CPR to be performed.
|Model||Alpha Active 3|
|Power supply voltage||230V|
|Power supply frequency||50-60Hz|
|Power input||230 VA|
Measurements and weights
|Dimensions||280 mm L x 205 mm W x 112 mm H|
|Case material||ABS plastic|
|Plug fuse rating||5A to BS1362 (UK only)|
|Pump fuse rating||2 x T1AL 250 V|
|Degree of protection against electric shock||class II type BF|
|Degree of protection against liquid ingress||IPX0|
|Mode of operation||continuous|
|Cycle times||12 mins|
Deflation function allows CPR to be administered without unnecessary delay.
|Description||Cell Material||Base Pad Material|
|ALPHA ACTIVE 3 OVERLAY 90||Polyurethane||PVC Nylon Coated|
|ALPHA ACTIVE 3 OVERLAY 85||Polyurethane||PVC Nylon Coated|
|ALPHA ACTIVE 3 OVERLAY 85||NON-PVC Polyurethane||Nylon PU Coated|
MATTRESS SIZE INFORMATION
|Part No.||Description||Spare Cover||Length mm||Width mm||Height mm|
|648321||ALPHA ACTIVE 3 OVERLAY 90||648430||1950 (77")||900 (35")||125 (5")|
|648323||ALPHA ACTIVE 3 OVERLAY 85||648460||1950 (77")||850 (33")||125 (5")|
|648325||ALPHA ACTIVE 3 OVERLAY 85 PU||648460||1950 (77")||850 (33")||125 (5")COVER SPECIFICATION|
|Feature||Standard Cover (Dartex)®|
|Moisture Vapour Permeable||Yes|
|Water Resistant / Repellent||Yes|
|Infection Control||Material coating is Bacteriostatic, fungistatic, antimicrobial|
|Fire Retardant||BS 7175: 0,1 & 5|
|Washing Conditions||MAX 95°C (203°F) for 15 mins1|
|Drying Conditions||Tumble Dry up to 130°C (266°F) or Air Dry|
|Life Span||50 Wash Cycles (minimum)|
|Application Area||Acute and Homecare|
1. Check your local policy to determine the time/temperature ratio required to achieve thermal
* Please check with your local sales representative if the product is available for sale in your country.