Tornado™ is a front-loaded flusher disinfector delivering excellent performance in emptying, cleaning and thermal disinfection.
A series of high pressure water cycles delivered through strategically located fixed and rotating nozzles, and followed by a steam phase produces a result that meets and exceeds the stringent cleaning & disinfection requirements of ISO15883 (CAN/CSA Z15883).
The Tornado washer disinfector plays a central role in an efficient sluice room, but is only one element in effective infection control practices. Arjo can help you to create an optimised sluice room and establish an overall infection prevention and control strategy. After choosing the Tornado washer disinfector, the following three steps will create a complete solution:
STEP 1: Choosing the right holder
The universal holder takes most commonly used receptacles and a wide range of holders. However, the optimal performance level can only be reached by selecting the optimal holder from the comprehensive standard range offered by ArjoHuntleigh.
STEP 2: Adding accessories
We offer a number of valuable accessories designed to meet the most stringent process demands, such as; a unique, anatomically designed bedpan with lid, an optimised rinse and de-liming agent and detergents.
STEP 3: Designing a complete sluice room
Arjo considers every aspect of the sluice room and provides a wide range of support from training in good hygiene routines to advice on room layout and equipment selection - a complete furniture concept for the sluice room.
The Tornado™ system comprises of a series of high pressure water cycles delivered through strategically located fixed and rotating nozzles, followed by a steam phase.
- Easy to use - simply load, close and activate programme.
- A flexible design - choice of polymeric material or stainless steel for outer casing.
- 9+2 - system includes nine fixed and two rotating nozzles to meet the highest cleaning requirements.
- Pipe System Disinfection (PSD) provides rapid disinfection through all fixed and rotating nozzles, disinfecting the entire pipe and nozzle system with every cycle.
- Smooth, hygienic chamber means no folds or pockets.
- Reliable and rapid thermal disinfection of the goods with the steam transported into the chamber through all pipes and nozzles.
- Meets and exceeds the stringent cleaning and disinfection requirements of EN ISO15883 (CAN/CSA Z15883).
- Drying/cooling fan for rapid and hygienic dry and cooling of recepticles with HEPA filtered (H13) air.
- Deep-drawn stainless steel chamber without welded joints.
- Read out display provides the user with all information needed for operation and control.
- Remaining time displayed in an easy-to-follow cycle sequence.
- Ao value and control.
- Three programmes available: economy, normal and intensive, with 22 additional programmes available upon request.
- Optional automatic door function.
- Locking system during cycle, securing staff safety and ensuring a complete cleaning and disinfection process.
- Optional process records, via printer or USB.
- Environmentally friendly - low consumption of water and energy, recyclable material.
- Wide range of holders available for different receptacles.
- Lockable storage for detergent containers.
- Easy maintenance and service."
|Tornado - TECHNICAL DATA|
|Utility||Unit connection||Supply Pressure requirements||Flow|
|Cold Water (CW)||15 mm (G1/2”)||100-800 kPa (1-8 bar, 14-116 PSi)||20 L/min||See notes 1 and 3|
|Hot Water (HW)||15 mm (G1/2”)||100-800 kPa (1-8 bar, 14-116 PSi)||20 L/min||See notes 2 and 3|
|Drain (D)||Ø90 alt. Ø 110mm||Not Applicable||Peak 1 L/sec||See notes 3 and 4|
|Electrical (equipped with internal steam generator)|
|Voltage||Recommended service disconnect||Full load, Amps||See notes 5 and 6|
|L1, 230 VAC, 1N+PE, 50 Hz||Max. 3,0 kW, 1x Fuse C 16 A||13 A|
|L2, 230VAC, 3+PE, 50Hz||Max. 3,75 kW, 3x Fuse C 16 A||12 A|
|L3, 380-400VAC, 3N+PE, 50 HzA||Max. 3,75 kW, 3x Fuse C 10||9 A|
|L5, 240 VAC, 2+PE, 60 Hz||Max .3,3 kW, 2 x Fuse C 15 A||15 A|
|L6, 240VAC, 3+PE, 60 Hz||Max. 3,75 kW, 3x Fuse C 15 A||13 A|
|L9, 208 VAC, 2+PE, 60 Hz||Max. 3,0 kW, 2x Fuse C 15 A||14 A|
|L10, 208VAC, 3+PE, 60 Hz||Max. 3,75 kW, 3x Fuse C 15 A||13 A|
|L14, 200 VAC, 2+PE, 50 Hz||Max .3,0 kW, 2x Fuse C 16 A||15 A|
|L15, 200VAC, 3+PE, 50 Hz||Max. 3,75 kW, 3 x Fuse C 16 A||14 A|
|L18, 200 VAC, 2+PE, 60 Hz||Max. 3,0 kW, 2x Fuse C 16 A||15 A|
|L19, 200VAC, 3+PE, 60 Hz||Max. 3,75 kW, 3x Fuse C 16 A||15 A|
|L22, 230 VAC, 1N+PE, 60 Hz||Max. 3,0 kW, 1x Fuse C 16 A||13 A|
|L24, 380-400VAC, 3N+PE, 60 Hz||Max. 3,75 kW, 3x Fuse C 10 A||10 A|
|L28, 240 VAC, 1N+PE, 50 Hz||Max. 3,3 kW, 1x Fuse C 16 A||13,6 A|
|L30, 415VAC, 3N+PE, 50 Hz||Max. 3,75 kW, 3x Fuse C 10 A||9 A|
|Room temperature||5-40°C (41-104F)|
|Air humidity||< 80% at 31°C (87° F)|
|Max surface temperature||40° C (104°F)|
|Economy program||11 liter ± 10 %*|
* if option cooling/drying fan is selected for the cooling phase. If internal cooling is selected, additionally 3 liters ± 1 liter will be added to the stated consumption.
|Normal program||18 liter ± 10 %*|
|Intensive program||25 liter ± 10 %*|
|Chamber size and volume|
|Stainless steel 565x410x290, 67 liter|
|125||250||500||1000||2000||4000||8000||LwA||LwAFmax||The sound power level as|
linear octave band levels are
presented as A-leveled sound
power level, both LwA and
|Estimated LpA levels for Tornado located in a 70 m³ room, db ref 20 μPa.|
|Type of room||Description||Operator location *||3 m from washer||The calculated sound power|
levels are different LpA levels in
different types of rooms. With
bigger room volume the noise
level is reduced and vice versa.
Here are three examples of
expected LpA levels.
* See Note 7
|Hard|| All walls from concrete etc no|
like furniture and
|Subdued|| Some absorbing|
elements in ceiling
|Freestanding|| See installation drawing in subsection|
|Width||450 mm (17” 11/16)|
|Depth||580 mm (22” 3/4)|
|Height||1320 mm (51” 7/8)|
|Weight||100 kg/220 lb|
1) Cold water recommended quality = potable water accordingly to WHO guidelines, temp. <20°C (<68°F).
2) Hot water recommended quality = potable water accordingly to WHO guidelines, temp. 45-60°C (113-140°F).
3) It shall be the Customers responsibility to eliminate water hammer conditions if they occur in the service piping.
4) It shall be the Customers responsibility to provide a properly sixed and located drainage system in accordance with the national
plumbing code. Consider that other equipment is tied to drain to eliminate slow drainage or backup.
5) It shall be the Customers responsibility to complete all electrical connections using properly sized wiring in accordance with the
national electrical code.
6) It shall be the Customers responsibility to install an approved a fused disconnect switch accordingly to national code in all electrical
supply lines at the washer disinfector location.
7) LpA levels are measured to EN ISO 3747:2000, 1 meter in front of the washer and 1,5 meter above the floor level.
- Freestanding with or without automatic door.
- Arjo bedpan with lid.
- Drainage floor, Ø 3 ½ and Ø 4 1/4” (90 and 110 mm).
- Drainage wall, , Ø 3 ½ and Ø 4 1/4” (90 and 110 mm).
- Valves and filter.
- Arjo Clean Flusher Detergent, 5L canister.
- Arjo Clean Flusher Rinse, 5L canister."
* Please check with your local sales representative if the product is available for sale in your country.