Rehabilitation and early mobility programs have demonstrated numerous benefits to patients, caregivers and healthcare facilities.
- Reduces the degree of muscle loss and minimises the poor physical condition associated with prolonged bed rest
- Improves functional status at hospital discharge
- Improves walking ability at discharge
- Improves health related quality of life
- Reduces need for physical assistance
- Improves working efficiencies by supporting a single-handed care approach
- Can help to reduce risk of injury
- Releases time to care
- Cost reductions associated with reduced hospital length of stay
- Reduces readmissions
- Reduces cost associated with caregiver work related injury
During the rehabilitation process, mobility assistive technologies can be seen as a ‘mobility partner’ to facilitate functional mobility, promote patient safety and reduce caregiver injury.
Best practice guidelines support the use of assistive technology during mobility and rehabilitation to empower mobility and reduce the risk of hospital acquired harm.
To book a demo of our Rehabilitation Solutions, please complete and submit you details.
*All references available in our guide “Rehabilitation through Empowering Movement”.