Barbara needs special consideration when it comes to her balance
Barbara is less mobile and has less stamina and reduced balance compared to Albert. Barbara is depicted riding a tricycle rather than a bicycle to highlight the fact that she needs special considerations to maintain her balance. If Barbara was walking then she would need to support her weight with her hands using a walking device.
- Needs a walking device when standing up
- Dependent on the caregiver in some situations
- A risk of static overload may occur for example during assistance with daily hygiene activities
- Her t-shirt is yellow to show that although she presents a slightly higher risk of static and dynamic physical overload to caregivers than Albert, it is still a low risk
- Stimulation of functional mobility is very important