Doris needs full assistance for care and transfers
Assistance would, if provided without special precautions, lead to the risk of physically overloading the caregiver. Equipment should be used to reduce this risk. This patient is unable to substantially contribute to the movement. However, wherever and whenever possible, it is important to activate these patients. The assistance provided for Doris might include transfers with a sling lift.
- Cannot stand and is not able to weight bear through her feet.
- Is able to sit if well supported
- Dependent on caregiver in most situations
- The orange of her book indicates a high risk of dynamic and static overload to the caregiver when not using proper equipment
- Stimulation of functional mobility is very important