Arjo Insight supports you to elevate safety, efficiency and quality of care by:
Understanding the needs of your residents/patients
Providing a visual overview of the needs of your resident/patient population based on their functional mobility.
Assessing the risks to your care staff
Identifying possible causes of physical overload or strain, a leading indicator of caregiver injury.
Highlighting priorities and opportunities
Providing clear guidance on what investments can make the biggest impact to enhance safety and efficiency at your care facility.
Guiding the way forward
Periodic re-assessments continually monitor the impact of your investment.
Ensuring the provision of suitable equipment in good working condition:
- Reduces the need to resort to manual handling, which can put your care staff at increased risk of physical strain and injury. This in turn helps to reduce staff sick leave and turnover, along with the associated costs
- Enables more resident/patient transfer and hygiene tasks to be performed by a single caregiver, thus promoting workflow efficiency
- Reduces costly equipment downtime as well as the safety risks associated with equipment breaking down during use
Assessment focus areas
Patient handling and transfer equipment
Assessing the type and number of equipment to facilitate safe and efficient working techniques and promote mobility wherever possible.
Assessing potential time efficiency savings with the use of height-adjustable equipment for dignified, efficient hygiene care routines while reducing the risk of caregiver physical strain.
Equipment age and condition
Objective information on whether your equipment is in good working condition and meets its recommended servicing requirements.
Pressure injury prevention solutions
Supporting you to assess your unit pressure injury risk levels and ensuring you have the right type and number of therapeutic support surfaces, in the right condition.
Your care environment
Your Insight assessment also evaluates the available space and layout of your care environment to safely and efficiently undertake mobility transfer and hygiene care routines, and accommodate the supporting devices required.
"Doing Arjo assessments has given us three things:
- Knowledge of our equipment needs - both short-term and long-term
- Confidence that we are able to meet the needs of our patient mix at unit level
- Allowed a review of (equipment maintenance) processes to prevent injuries to staff and patients."