Walker provides the support for taking that first step – for both patient or resident and physiotherapist.
The Walker™ is a versatile training tool for the gym, treatment area or ward that provides the optimum conditions for taking that first step - a secure environment for patients and therapists alike. And it will continue to play an important supporting role every step of the way throughout the initial stages of the patient’s rehabilitation and ambulation training.
Gets patients moving earlier
Physiotherapists have seen positive results with the Walker in the rehabilitation and ambulation training of patients with conditions such as dementia and confusional states, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, osteoarthritis, spinal injuries, herniated discs and hip and pelvic fractures.
The emphasis is on safety in the design of the Walker, giving patients the confidence to get the most out of each training session. It also enables physiotherapists to start a lot of patients' exercise programmes far earlier than normal.
Depending on the patient’s condition, the Walker is suitable for both patient-led and therapist-led training. In certain cases, its risk-reducing benefits could mean a reduction in the staff resources required for safe training sessions
In addition to walking exercises, thanks to its stability, the Walker can also be used for exercises that focus on standing, balancing and stretching, and its open sides provide the added benefit of free access to the patient’s hips, knees and ankles.
- The handset allows the therapist to stay reassuringly close to the patient
- Detachable Spade seat, used for lifting the patient
- Safety straps for body weight reduction and to ensure patient safety
- Electric or hydraulic raising and lowering, eliminates the dangers of manual handling
- Wheel brake, for increased patient safety
- Straight steering, to facilitate transportation in the corridor
- Adjustable handgrips
- U-shaped support table that the patient to lean in
Measurements and weights
|Safe working load||136 kg (300 lbs)|
|Lifting stroke (Battery powered)||565 mm (23 1/4")|
|Lifting stroke (Hydraulic)||500 mm (19 3/4”)|
|Width||825 mm (32 1/2")|
|Max length (Hydraulic)||1040 mm (41")|
|Max length (Electric)||1000 mm (39 1/2")|
|Battery (removeable and rechargeable)||24 V DC|
|Table height (Hydraulic)||770-1270 mm (30 1/4-50")|
|Table height (Electric)||810-1375 mm (32-54 1/4")|
|Spade seat height (Hydraulic)||360-860 mm (14 1/4-33 3/4")|
|Spade seat height (Electric)||400-965 mm (15 3/4-38")|
|Weight (Hydraulic)||42.5 kg (93.5 lbs)|
|Weight (Electric)||48.5 kg (107 lbs)|
* Please check with your local sales representative if the product is available for sale in your country.