Skin IQ™ Microclimate Manager
An effective and intuitive solution for the prevention and management of pressure injuries.
• Microclimate refers to the conditions of moisture and temperature at the point(s) of skin/surface interface¹
• Microclimate is a key factor for patients at risk of maceration and skin breakdown
• Excess variation in moisture and/or temperature increases skin sensitivity to the damaging effects of pressure, shear, and friction²
1. National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel, European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel and Pan Pacific Pressure Injury Alliance. Prevention and Treatment of Pressure Ulcers: Clinical Practice. Guideline. Emily Haesler (Ed). Cambridge Media: Perth, Australia; 2014.
2. International Review. Pressure Ulcer Prevention: Pressure, Shear, Friction and Microclimate in Context. A Consensus Document. London: Wounds International, 2010.
• Negative Airflow Technology (NAT) continually draws excess moisture away from the skin / mattress interface. Bench studies show that Skin IQ Microclimate Management (MCM) removes 3.8 times more moisture at the skin/mattress interface than the same mattress without Skin IQ MCM²
• Bench studies show that Skin IQ MCM reduces staphylococcus aureus growth by 3.1 logs over a 24 hour period. A percentage reduction of greater than 99.9%.³ *
• Bench studies show that Skin IQ MCM significantly reduces odor at the skin/mattress interface when compared to the same surface without airflow⁴
• Designed for compatibility with pressure redistribution mattresses on the market today (eg, AtmosAir™ 9000 Mattress Replacement System)
Simple features, sophisticated performance
Effective for your patients
• The Skin IQ MCM provides a moisture vapor transfer rate (MVTR) of 130g/m2/hr²
• The Skin IQ 365 reusable MCM provides an MVTR of 171/g/m2/hr⁵
• The Skin IQ 1000 bariatric version provides an MVTR of 165/g/m2/hr⁶
• Top layer material helps reduce shear and friction⁷
• Quick, intuitive setup and maintenance
• Low profile design
*The level of treament stated indicates theoretical levels only
1. Arjo Data on File, Test Report Viral Barrier Property of Top Sheet of Skin IQ Coverlet – Test Report 100018376 pg. 3 & Test Report 100019009 pg. 1-7.
2. Arjo Data on File, Study SIQ2010-57. Test Report – Skin IQ Microclimate Manager/Low Air Loss (LAL) Coverlet Functional (Post-Stress) Testing – Test Report 100018343 pg. 6, 12.
3. Arjo Data on File. Test Report – 100077042.
4. Arjo Data on File, Assessment of Skin IQ Microclimate Manager Capability to Mitigate odor – Test Report 100018484.
5. Arjo Data on File, Skin IQ Reusable System Functional Test – Test Report 100014338 pg. 6.
6. Arjo Data on File, Skin IQ Microclimate Manager 60 Day MVTR – Test Report 100016748 pg. 3.
7. Arjo Data on File, Skin IQ Coefficient of Friction – Test Report 100018362 pg. 1.
|Weight capacity||500 lbs. (227 kg)|
|Overall Length||80in - 84in (203.1cm - 213.4cm)|
|Overall Width||35in - 36in (88.9cm - 91.44cm)|
|Depth/Height of surface||7in (17.8cm)|
|Coverlet Height||0.25in (0.635cm)|
|Packaging||Single unit or 4-pack case|
|Electrical & Environmental:|
|Voltage||100 - 240 VAC|
|Frequency||50 - 60 Hz|
|Ampere Rating||0.5 A|
|Maximum Electrical Leakage||100 uA at 115 VAC 60 Hz and 200 uA at 230 VAC 50 Hz|
|Power Supply||DCV, Reuseable power supply and cord|
|Operating Temperature Range||14 ̊C (57.2 ̊F) to 35 ̊C (95 ̊F)|
|Storage Temperature Range||-29 ̊C (20.2 ̊F) to 60 ̊C (140 ̊F)|
|The Skin IQ Coverlet is classified as a Type B applied part under IEC 60601-1:2006.|
* Please check with your local sales representative if the product is available for sale in your country.