Arjo publishes year-end report January-December 2020
”We put a very strong quarter and year behind us where we have adapted the business to the current circumstances, and supported healthcare in a challenging period. At the same time, we have exceeded all of the targets that we set at the beginning of the year. The Group grows organically by more than 4% in the fourth quarter with our adjusted operating profit increasing more than 20% in comparable currencies. A record strong cash flow further strengthens our financial position, and allows us to propose an increased dividend of more than 30% to our shareholders compared with last year,” says Joacim Lindoff, President & CEO
“We enter 2021 with strengthened positions and continue to invest in geographic expansion, new technologies and new business models. We look forward to deliver another year of continued solid profitable growth,” adds Joacim Lindoff.
October-December 2020 in brief
- Net sales amounted to SEK 2,398 M (2,477).
Net sales grew organically by 4.1%.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased by 3.4% to SEK 530 M (513).
- Adjusted operating profit increased by 8.2% to SEK 288 M (266).
In comparable currencies, profit was SEK 328 M, corresponding to an improvement of approximately 23%.
- Profit after financial items increased to SEK 234 M (217).
- Earnings per share rose to SEK 0.64 (0.59).
- Cash flow from operations increased to SEK 843 M (438).
- Cash conversion increased to 166.3% (88.4).
- As previously announced, Arjo acquired AirPal and an equity stake in
Bruin Biometrics (BBI) during the quarter.
January-December 2020 in brief
- Net sales amounted to SEK 9,078 M (8,976).Net sales grew organically by 3.9%.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 10.7% to SEK 1,913 M (1,728).
- Adjusted operating profit increased by 30.2% to SEK 943 M (724).
- Profit after financial items increased to SEK 702 M (542).
- Earnings per share rose to SEK 1.93 (1.48).
- Cash flow from operations increased to SEK 2,267 M (1,252).
- Cash conversion increased to 123.3% (74.7).
- A dividend per share of SEK 0.85 (0.65) is proposed, corresponding to approximately SEK 232 M, a 30.8% increase on the preceding year.
Fund managers, analysts and the media are invited to a teleconference on February 3 at 08.00 CET. Please see details below to join the conference:
Sweden: +46 8 566 426 93
USA: +1833 823 0587
UK: +44 333 300 9268
A presentation will be held during the telephone conference. To access the presentation, please use this link: https://tv.streamfabriken.com/arjo-q4-2020
Alternatively, use the following link to download the presentation:
A recording of the teleconference will be available for 90 days via the following link:
For more information, please contact:
Executive Vice President, Marketing Communications & Public Relations
Tel: +46 (0)10 335 4810
Email: [email protected]
Investor Relations & Corporate Communications
Tel: +46 (0)10 335 4866
Email: [email protected]
This information is information that Arjo AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 07:00 CET on February 3, 2021.
Creating the best conditions for mobility is at the very core of a high-quality healthcare offering. Arjo’s products and solutions for patient handling, hygiene, disinfection, diagnostics, prevention of pressure injuries and deep vein thrombosis, and our medical beds, are designed to promote mobility, safety and dignity in all care situations.
With 60 years of experience of improving the everyday lives of patients, residents and healthcare providers, sales of SEK 9 billion in 2020 and a global workforce of slightly more than 6,000, Arjo is constantly reinforcing its commitment to create healthier outcomes for people with reduced mobility.Download as PDF