Arjo publishes year-end report January-December 2018
“We ended the year strongly with organic growth of 5.8% in the fourth quarter and reported double-digit growth in our two largest markets, the US and the UK. We grew 3% organically for the full year, which is also supported by a continued solid order intake. The organisation has made a great effort during 2018 and we have proven that Arjo is and will be even stronger as a standalone company” says Joacim Lindoff, President & CEO.
October-December 2018 in brief
- Net sales increased 11.6% to SEK 2,307 M (2,068). Net sales rose organically by 5.8%.
- EBITDA increased 143.4% to SEK 348 M (142).
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 70.4% to SEK 409 M (240).
- Restructuring and integration costs amounted to SEK 38 M (104).
- Profit after financial items increased to SEK 130 M (-75).
- Earnings per share increased to SEK 0.36 (-0.25).
- Cash flow from operations amounted to SEK 334 M (175). The cash conversion was 96.0% (123.2).
- As previously communicated, Arjo signed an agreement during the quarter to divest Acare, the group’s low-spec medical beds business.
January-December 2018 in brief
- Net sales increased 6.9% to SEK 8,217 M (7,688). Net sales rose organically by 3.0%.
- EBITDA increased 18.4% to SEK 1,180 M (996).
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 5.2% to SEK 1,312 M (1,246).
- Restructuring and integration costs amounted to SEK 113 M (324).
- Profit after financial items increased to SEK 395 M (179).
- Earnings per share increased to SEK 1.09 (0.43).
- Cash flow from operations amounted to SEK 991 M (572). The cash conversion was 84.0% (57.4).
- Acquisition of ReNu Medical – a green medical reprocessor of single use medical devices.
- A dividend per share of SEK 0.55 (0.50) is proposed, corresponding to approximately SEK 150 M, a 10% increase on the preceding year.
Fund managers, analysts and the media are invited to a teleconference on February 4 at 14.00 CET. Please see details below to join the conference:
Sweden: +46 (0)8 5664 2753
UK: +44 (0)330 336 9125
USA: +1 323-794-2423
A presentation will be held during the telephone conference. To access the presentation, please use this link: https://slideassist.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1227460
Alternatively, use the following link to download the presentation: https://www.arjo.com/int/about-us/investors/reports--presentations/2019/
A recording of the teleconference will be available for 90 days via the following link: https://slideassist.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1227460
For more information, please contact:
Executive Vice President, Marketing Communications & Public Relations
Tel: +46 (0)10 335 4810
Investor Relations & Corporate Communications
Tel: +46 (0)10 335 4866
This information is information that Arjo AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 13:00 CET on February 4, 2019.
At Arjo, we are committed to improving the everyday lives of people affected by reduced mobility and age-related health challenges. With products and solutions that ensure ergonomic patient handling, personal hygiene, disinfection, diagnostics, and the effective prevention of pressure ulcers and venous thromboembolism, we help professionals across care environments to continually raise the standard of safe and dignified care. Everything we do, we do with people in mind. www.arjo.comDownload as PDF