Arjo publishes year-end report January-December 2019
“We finish the year with continued growth in the quarter and begin to see the positive results from the efficiency measures in the US and the UK. Our positions are strengthened across all regions and we put another successful year behind us as the Group grows organically by nearly 4%. We deliver on all of our financial targets and raise the dividend for 2019 to our shareholders,” says Joacim Lindoff, President & CEO. “The activity level remains high as we enter 2020 focused on profitable growth with efficiency high on the agenda,” adds Joacim Lindoff, President & CEO.
October-December 2019 in brief
- Net sales increased 6.8% to SEK 2,464 M (2,307).
Net sales grew organically by 2.8%.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 25.4% to SEK 513 M (409).
IFRS 16 had a positive effect of SEK 84 M on adjusted EBITDA.
- Operating profit before restructuring activities amounted to SEK 266 M (235).
- Profit after financial items increased to SEK 217 M (130).
- Earnings per share rose to SEK 0.59 (0.36).
- Cash flow from operations amounted to SEK 438 M (334).
IFRS 16 had a positive effect of SEK 77 M on cash flow.
- Cash conversion was 88.4% (96.0).
IFRS had a positive effect of 0.5 of a percentage point on cash conversion.
- Arjo has completed an audit for the new EU Medical Device Regulation, EU MDR, with positive results and is now awaiting certification.
January-December 2019 in brief
- Net sales increased 8.6% to SEK 8,925 M (8,217).
Net sales rose organically by 3.9%.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 31.7% to SEK 1,728 M (1,312).
IFRS 16 had a positive effect of SEK 347 M on adjusted EBITDA.
- Profit after financial items increased to SEK 542 M (395).
- Earnings per share rose to SEK 1.48 (1.09).
- Cash flow from operations amounted to SEK 1,252 M (991).
IFRS 16 had a positive effect of SEK 313 M on cash flow.
- Cash conversion was 74.7% (84.0).
IFRS had a positive effect of 4.0 percentage points on cash conversion.
- A dividend per share of SEK 0.65 (0.55) is proposed, corresponding to approximately SEK 177 M, an 18% increase on the preceding year.
Fund managers, analysts and the media are invited to a teleconference on February 4 at 08.00 CET. Please see details below to join the conference:
Sweden: +46 (0)8 5033 6574
UK: +44 (0)330 336 9125
USA: +1 323-794-2093
A presentation will be held during the telephone conference. To access the presentation, please use this link: https://slideassist.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1278242
Alternatively, use the following link to download the presentation:
A recording of the teleconference will be available for 90 days via the following link: https://slideassist.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1278242
For more information, please contact:
Kornelia Rasmussen, EVP Marketing Communications & Public Relations
Tel: +46 (0)10 335 4810
Saloni Deva, Investor Relations & Corporate Communications
Tel: +46 (0)10 335 4867
This information is information that Arjo AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 07:00 CET on February 4, 2020.
At Arjo, we are committed to improving the everyday lives of people affected by reduced mobility and age-related health challenges. With products and solutions that ensure ergonomic patient handling, personal hygiene, disinfection, diagnostics, and the effective prevention of pressure ulcers and venous thromboembolism, we help professionals across care environments to continually raise the standard of safe and dignified care. Arjo has approximately 6,000 employees worldwide and customers in over 100 countries. In 2019, Arjo sales amounted to SEK 8.9 billion. Arjo is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and its head office is located in Malmö, Sweden. Everything we do, we do with people in mind. www.arjo.comDownload as PDF