Arjo interim report January-September 2019
“The positive sales development continues. All regions delivered growth in the quarter and the group grows organically by 4,7%. Adjusted for negative currency effects in the quarter we see an improvement in our operating profit before restructuring activities by 20%. We are accelerating our efficiency measures in the UK and are well prepared for entering the year’s final quarter. We expect a strong finish to the year where we deliver on our full-year outlook and financial targets,” says Joacim Lindoff, President & CEO.
July-September 2019 in brief
- Net sales increased by 8.0% to SEK 2,141 M (1,981). Net sales grew organically by 4.7%.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased by 26.6% to SEK 381 M (301). IFRS 16 had a positive effect of SEK 92 M on adjusted EBITDA.
- Operating profit before restructuring activities amounted to SEK 125 M (132). Excluding negative currency effects, operating profit was SEK 159 M, corresponding to an improvement of about 20%.
- Profit after financial items declined to SEK 60 M (77).
- Earnings per share fell to SEK 0.16 (0.21).
- Cash flow from operations amounted to SEK 379 M (200). IFRS 16 had a positive effect of SEK 83 M on cash flow.
- Cash conversion was 109.5% (71.4), IFRS 16 had a negative effect of 7.4 percentage points on cash conversion.
- Arjo launches Auralis, an alternating pressure mattress for prevention of pressure injuries.
Fund managers, analysts and the media are invited to a teleconference on October 22 at 14.00 CET. Please see details below to join the conference:
Sweden: +46 (0)8 5065 3942
UK: +44 (0)330 336 9411
USA: +1 323-794-2597
A presentation will be held during the telephone conference. To access the presentation, please use this link: https://slideassist.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1264236
Alternatively, use the following link to download the presentation:
A recording of the teleconference will be available for 90 days via the following link: https://slideassist.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1264236
For more information, please contact:
Executive Vice President, Marketing Communications & Public Relations
Tel: +46 (0)10 335 4810
Email: [email protected]
Investor Relations & Corporate Communications
Tel: +46 (0)10 335 4867
Email: [email protected]
This information is information that Arjo AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 13:00 CET on October 22, 2019.
At Arjo, we are committed to improving the everyday lives of people affected by reduced mobility and age-related health challenges. With products and solutions that ensure ergonomic patient handling, personal hygiene, disinfection, diagnostics, and the effective prevention of pressure injuries and venous thromboembolism, we help professionals across care environments to continually raise the standard of safe and dignified care. Arjo has approximately 6,000 employees worldwide and customers in over 100 countries. In 2018, Arjo sales amounted to approximately SEK 8.2 billion. Arjo is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and its head office is located in Malmö, Sweden. Everything we do, we do with people in mind. www.arjo.comDownload as PDF