Arjo year-end report January-December 2017
”We have seen a positive development in several markets in the fourth quarter, and in addition we see yet another positive quarter for our US rental business. However, the development in the UK remained challenging with low NHS investments. When adjusted for the DVT situation in the US in the fourth quarter 2016, we see a positive net sales development in the quarter. The activities we are carrying out are paying off and I look forward to continuing to deliver on the plans that we have announced”, says Joacim Lindoff, President & CEO
October-December 2017 in brief
• Net sales fell -4.9% to SEK 2,068 M (2,174). Net sales decreased organically by -1.8%.
• The adjusted organic net sales is estimated to increase by 0.4%.
• Adjusted EBITDA declined to SEK 240 M (422).
• Restructuring and integration costs amounted to SEK 104 M (107), and were mainly related to the creation of Arjo as an independent company.
• Result after financial items declined to SEK -75 M (111).
• Earnings per share declined to SEK -0.25 (0.29).
• Cash flow from operations amounted to SEK 175 M (196). The cash conversion was 123.2% (49.0).
• Partnership with Sony Mobile for unique tracking solution
• Arjo listed on Nasdaq Stockholm
January-December 2017 in brief
• Net sales fell -1.5% to SEK 7,688 M (7,808). Net sales decreased organically by -1.6%.
• The adjusted organic net sales is estimated to decline by -1.0%.
• Adjusted EBITDA fell to SEK 1,246 M (1,610).
• Restructuring and integration costs amounted to SEK 324 M (155), and were mainly related to the creation of Arjo as an independent company.
• Result after financial items declined to SEK 179 M (671).
• Earnings per share declined to SEK 0.43 (1.80).
• Cash flow from operations amounted to SEK 572 M (919). The cash conversion was 57.4% (59.8).
• A dividend per share of SEK 0.50 is proposed, corresponding to approx. SEK 136 M.
Fund managers, analysts and media are invited to participate in a conference call on January 29 at 09.00 CET. Please see details below to join the conference:
Swedish dial-in number: +46 (0)8 5065 3942
UK dial-in number: +44 (0)330 336 9411
US dial-in number: +1 646-828-8143
Participant passcode: 2028669
During the telephone conference a presentation will be held. To access the presentation, please use this link: https://slideassist.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1177074
Alternatively, use the following link to download the presentation:
For more information, please contact:
Executive Vice President, Marketing Communications & Public Relations
Tel: +46 (0)10 335 4810
Email: [email protected]
Investor Relations & Corporate Communications
Tel: +46 (0)10 335 4866
Email: [email protected]
This information is information that Arjo AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08:00 CET on January 29, 2018.
At Arjo, we are committed to improving the everyday lives of people affected by reduced mobility and age-related health challenges. With products and solutions that ensure ergonomic patient handling, personal hygiene, disinfection, diagnostics, and the effective prevention of pressure ulcers and venous thromboembolism, we help professionals across care environments to continually raise the standard of safe and dignified care. Everything we do, we do with people in mind. www.arjo.comDownload as PDF