Pressure redistribution and comfort
The Nimbus 4 system combines automatic adjustment of cell pressures, Heelguard and Wound Valve Technology providing effective pressure redistribution and enhanced solutions to a wide range of patient management issues.
1. Ward C, Wubbels M, Schembri L (2012) Using Complete Pressure Off-loading and Advanced Wound Care to Treat a Complex Sacral Pressure Ulcer. Poster Presentation
2. Clancy J (2011) Winning the war against pressure ulcers. Poster presentation
3. Malbrain M, Hendriks B, Wijnands P et al (2010) A pilot randomised controlled trial comparing reactive air and active alternating pressure mattresses in the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers among medical ICU patients. Journal of Tissue Viability 19(1):7-15
4. Finnegan MJ (2008). Comparing the effectiveness of a specialised alternating air pressure mattress replacement system and an air fluidised integrated bed in the management of post- operative flap patients. A randomised controlled study. Journal of Tissue Viability 17(1): February 2008
5. Russell L, Reynolds TM (2000) Randomised controlled trial of two pressure relieving systems. Journal of Wound Care 9(2):52-55
6. Evans D, Land L, Geary A (2000). A clinical evaluation of the Nimbus 3 alternating pressure mattress replacement system. Journal of Wound Care 9(4):181-186
7. Land L, Evans D, Geary A et al (2000) A clinical evaluation of an alternating pressure mattress replacement system in hospital and residential care settings. Journal of Tissue Viability 10(1): 6-11
8. Phillips L (2010) Nimbus range of pressure redistributing mattresses. Wounds UK, 2010, 6 (2): 116-122
Audible and visual alarms
• The pump includes audible and visual alarms, activating only when genuine intervention is needed for Power Fail, High or Low Pressure and Pump Fault conditions.
• For additional patient comfort, minor adjustments to inflation pressures can be made using a comfort control dial, without affecting therapeutic performance.¹⁶
• 3 stage filtration provided by the bio-filter ensures only clean air is passed into the mattress.
Nimbus range mattress features
• Vapour permeable and water resistant 2-way stretch cover offers pressure redistribution and comfort. This loose fitting top cover is attached to the mattress base by concealed zips to reduce ingress of unwanted fluids. The cover is also flame retardant, easy to clean and can be completely removed for laundering.
Auto-matt sensor pad
• The Auto-Matt sensor pad is designed to adjust cell pressures according to patient weight and positioning on the mattress.
Anti-sink mattress design
• The mattress is made up of 19 deep "figure of 8" designed cells to support patients up to 250 kg, providing active pressure redistribution for all patient types and all categories⁹ of tissue damage.
Wound valve technology
• 5 heel cells incorporate Wound Valve technology, allowing the carer to permanently off-load ("float") the vulnerable heel, for those patients with limb ischaemia or existing wounds.
• Reduces risk of injury to patient and/or carer by removing trailing cables.
• Seals air in the mattress for up to 12 hours, providing a uniform stable surface for patient transportation, moving and handling, nursing procedures and during periods of power failure.
• Dedicated mattress zone where bottom 5 cells provide maximum pressure redistribution through use of unique "power down" straps, keeping pressure at the vulnerable heel lower for longer (Nimbus 4).
• A quick release, single handed operation, the CPR facility enables rapid air deflation for emergencies, short term physiotherapy, moving and handling or storage.
9. National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel, European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel and Pan Pacific Pressure Injury Alliance. Prevention and Treatment of pressure ulcers: Clinical practice guideline. Emily Haesler (Ed). Cambridge Media: Osbourne Park, Western Australia; 2014
16. Arjo Data on File. Product Validation Test Report 10-100037760
Mattress (specifications apply to both
|Length||2060 mm (81")||2060 mm (81")|
|Width||890 mm (35")||800 mm (31 1/2")|
|Maximum height||215 mm (8 1/2") – at edges||215 mm (8 1/2") – at edges|
|Maximum profile height||380 mm (15") – at edges||380 mm (15") – at edges|
|Cell height||203 mm (8") – inflated||203 mm (8") – inflated|
|Weight (including packaging)||15.5 kg (XX lbs)||14.3 kg (XX lbs)|
|Cover material||PU coated knitted fabric||PU coated knitted fabric|
|Cell material||0.3 mm (XX") PU flexible sheeting||0.3 mm (XX") PU flexible sheeting|
|Max patient weight||250 kg (550 lbs)||250 kg (550 lbs)|
|Length||508 mm (20")|
|Height||220 mm (8 3/4")|
|Depth||100 mm (4")|
|Weight||5.7 kg (25")|
|Case material||ABS/polycarbonate blend|
|Supply voltage UK||220-240 VAC, 50Hz|
|Electrical rating||35 VA|
|Filters||All service replaceable|
|Operating cycle||10 minutes|
|Length||1000 mm (39 1/2")|
|Tube material||5-way moulded PVC|
|Tube connectors||Moulded nylon|
Electrical safety standards
|IEC601-1 IEC 60601-1 (BS EN 60601-1) IEC 60601-1-2 (BS EN 60601-1-2) VDE 0750 Teil 1|
|Degree of protection against electric shock||Class I, type BF|
|Degree of protection of ingress of liquids||Ordinary|
|Mode of operation||Continuous|
* Please check with your local sales representative if the product is available for sale in your country.