What should I expect?
- For an application to be considered it must be completed with all requested information, in English. An incomplete application will be delayed and may be denied.
- Funding decisions are at the sole discretion of Arjo and are final. Each application will be sent to the global medical affairs department at Arjo for alignment with budget considerations before final review.
- Approval decisions may take up to three months and applicants will be informed immediately.
- If support is denied for compliance purposes, the requestor may be contacted to determine if the compliance issue can be resolved to align with Arjo’s criteria for support prior to the final decision being taken.
- If a clinical trial research grant is awarded, the requesting institution will be required to enter into a written agreement (provided by Arjo) in order for funds or equipment to be released to the authorized signer of the requestor. The requestor should be willing to assume all sponsor obligations as laid out in applicable clinical research regulations and standards.
- Arjo will work through any applications submitted and will be in contact with you about the status of the trial grant requested. If you have not heard from Arjo since your submission, please re-submit by completing the below form. As appropriate, the global medical affairs department may request additional information in order for the research grant to be complete.
Please see below for required documents to be uploaded when filling out the form. These forms must be submitted, in English, in addition to the actual request.
- Signed and dated Principal Investigator’s CV
- Detailed Activity Budget (if monetary support is being requested)
- Protocol synopsis and, if available, protocol draft
If requesting monetary support, a detailed budget is required for consideration. Items should include:
- Direct trial related costs: start-up costs, participant-related costs, study personnel-related costs, cost for lab evaluations and services that are required as part of the trial, data management and statistical expenses. This should include any overhead.
- Indirect study costs: Review fees for ethics/institutional review boards, supply/equipment costs required for the study, publication costs.
- Note: compensation is not permitted for fringe benefits of study staff, purchase of capital equipment unrelated to the study or that would generate revenue, general educational or training activities, construction funds for new offices, buildings or funds to establish or expand existing clinical research activities. Payment for staff salaries is not permitted.
- Requests without a detailed budget cannot be processed.
Processing of your personal data
Some of the services offered on our website require the processing of your personal data. Arjo process personal data collected on our website for the purpose to evaluate the proposal for a clinical trial and the relevant experience of the investigator-sponsor. If your clinical trial receives Arjo’s support, your personal data will also be used for contracting and follow-up of trial conduct. To accomplish this, we collect your name and your professional contact details including email, phone number, affiliation/institution name and address, and additional information as provided in your CV.
As a rule, we do not keep your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes for which we collected it. Any personal information will be retained for the duration of the proposal processing and trial conduct, if relevant. Once the data retention period is terminated, your personal data will be deleted from our systems.