With the growing focus on driving patient mobility earlier in the care pathway, it is crucial that caregivers have access to the right evidence, tools and equipment to achieve patient transfer and mobility safely.
This clinical evidence summary provides an overview of patient handling and mobility processes and some of the key studies that have contributed to practice in this area. The summary is intended to provide a clinical evidence base to support key decision making and practice choices in acute and long-term care environments.
Patient Handling and Mobility Solutions Clinical Evidence Summary
The clinical evidence summary offers you an introduction patient handling and mobility solutions and focuses on 7 key areas:
• Risk of musculoskeletal injury for a caregiver
• Extrinsic factors affecting the risk of musculoskeletal injury
• Immobility associated risks
• Financial implications of patient handling injuries, patient handling claims and patient immobility
• Principles of mobility assessment
• Pressure injury prevention in patient handling
• Making appropriate choices according to functional mobility
To download a copy of the summary please enter details in our form.