Maxi Slide sheets
A simple and cost-effective solution
MaxiSlide flat sheet with handles is a sliding aid that assists the caregiver with in-bed repositioning and transfers with dependent patients or residents.
PREVENT CAREGIVER INJURIES BY REDUCING PHYSICAL EFFORT
Done manually, lateral transfer creates a risk of injury, most likely to the caregiver’s shoulders and lower back. Friction reducing devices reduce the pushing and the pulling force from tasks like in-bed repositioning and transfers with dependent patients or residents.4
HELP PREVENT PRESSURE INJURIES
Pressure injuries prevalence and incidence is high in many healthcare facilities and they have a significant economic impact for the organizations, and also affect a patient's quality of life, morbidity, and mortality. This type of injury can be prevented with mobility.1-3
IMPROVE PATIENT SAFETY
Using a sliding aid while performing an in-bed repositioning or a transfer will improve patient safety.4
1. Dealey C, et al. J Wound Care. 2012; 21(6):261-266.
2. Brem H, et al. Am J Surg. 2010; 200:473-477.
3. Spear M. Plastic Surgical Nursing. 2013; 33(3):147-149.
4. Baptiste A, et al. Friction-reducing devices for lateral transfers: A clinical evaluation. AAOHN Journal 2006; 54(4):173–180.
Each sheet has built-in reinforced handles or the caregiver to hold. The low-friction device helps the caregiver manage a range of in-bed repositioning and lateral transfers with dependent patients.
MaxiSlide Sheets are manufactured in a soft fabric, which can be fitted beneath the patient promoting comfort and reducing shear and friction during in-bed repositioning and transfers.4
PULL STRAPS (OPTIONAL)
Optional pull straps can be attached to the sheets for lateral transfers, avoiding caregivers needing to overreach.
The MaxiSlide™ comes in three different colour coded widths and two lengths.
- 730 mm (33”) x 1730 mm (68”)
- 730 mm (33”) x 2000 mm (78 ¾”)
MaxiSlide Sheet XL
- 1095 mm (43”) x 1730 mm (68”)
- 1095 mm (43”) x 2000 mm (78 ¾”)
MaxiSlide Sheet XXL
- 1460 mm (57 ½”) x 1730 mm (68”)
- 1460 mm (57 ½”) x 2000 mm (78 ¾”)
- Length 660 mm (26”)
- Set of 8.
Category: Instructions for use
File name: NSX01000-CN_2.pdf
Size: 1.59 Mb
ML (EN, ZH)-CN [ML(EN, FR) for CA, INT, US, AU, GB, AT] [ML(AR, HR, HU, RO, SL, SR, TH, VI) for AE, HR, HU, RO, RS, SI, TH, VN] [ML(DE, EN, ES, FR, IT, NL) for FR, DE, INT, IT, NL, ES, US, AU, GB, CH, AT] [ML(CS, DA, JA, NO, PL, PT, SV, TR) for CZ, DK, JP, NO, PL, PT, SE, TR]
* Please check with your local sales representative if the product is available for sale in your country.