Bariatric Low Air Loss (LAL) Mattress Replacement System (MRS)
The Bari-Breeze™ Low Air Loss (LAL) Mattress Replacement System (MRS) support surface is designed to help healthcare facilities and hospitals with the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers for residents/patients weighing up to 455 kg (1,000 lbs).
The Bari-Breeze system provides excellent pressure reduction for bariatric residents/patients at a very high risk of developing pressure ulcers, and for residents/patients with all grades of pressure ulcer up to and including grade IV.
Using true Low Air Loss (LAL), the Bari-Breeze system ensures the best possible outcomes for bariatric residents/patients at risk of developing pressure ulcers, by effectively redistributing pressure away from vulnerable areas through a process of controlled immersion and envelopment, while the high air flow is designed to stabilise the microclimate of the skin where it is in contact with the mattress.
A bariatric person may have limitations when it comes to healthcare and social care, due to their physical size, health, mobility and environmental issues. The specific risks involved are pressure ulcers, complications associated with immobility, the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, and manual handling by the caregiver. The Bari-Breeze Low Air Loss (LAL), Turn Assist Mattress Replacement System (MRS) addresses all these issues.
The Turn Assist feature of the Bari-Breeze system provides a range of turn time and angle settings to help caregivers move a resident/patient from side to side. Lateral rotation not only assists with pressure redistribution but may have additional benefits for other physiological functions, such as the respiratory, circulatory, digestive and urinary systems, in addition to improving resident/patient comfort and choice.
- Easy-to-use, SoftKey membrane control panel.
- Panel lock-out to prevent tampering.
- Comfort control setting from 1 (soft) to 9 (firm).
- Power failure/low pressure alarm.
- Rapid CPR deflation.
- Max flow setting for initial inflation and resident/patient movement on/off.
- The compact, lightweight power unit is quiet yet powerful and has an integrated carry handle for portability.
- Low friction fabric for ease of repositioning and reduced shear force.
- Water resistant, vapour permeable and breathable nylon top sheet.
- Modular mattress design for ease of cleaning and serviceability
- Supports residents/patients weighing up to 455 kg (1,000 lbs).
- True LAL for improved air flow and resident/patient comfort.
- 2” convoluted safety foam base to provide additional support in the event of a power failure.
- Robust carry bag with carry handles and a shoulder strap for portability and storage.
- The Bari-Breeze™ system features a dedicated LAL Turn Assist system for the treatment and prevention of pressure ulcers. Featuring an up to 40o lateral rotation, it enables safe movement of the resident/patient to assist the nursing staff in their care routines.
- Rotation selection – left, right, both or no rotation.
- Cycle times – 10, 20, 30 and 60 minutes.
- Rotation angles – 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, full turn up to 40o (+/-5o)
The Bari-Breeze™ Low Air Loss (LAL) Mattress Replacement System (MRS) support surface is designed to help healthcare facilities and hospitals with the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers for patients weighing up to 454 kg (1,000 lbs).
|Bari Breeze mattress||213 cm x 106 cm x 30.5cm (84" x 42" x 12”)||647311||11.5 kg (25 lbs)|
|Bari Breeze mattress||203 cm x 99 cm x 30.5cm (80" x 39" x 12”)||647312||9 kg (20 lbs)|
|Bari Breeze mattress||203 cm x 106 cm x 30.5cm (80" x 42" x 12”)||647313||15.5 kg (34 lbs)|
|Bari Breeze mattress||203 cm x 122 cm x 30.5cm (80" x 48" x 12”)||647314||14 kg (30 lbs)|
|Bari Breeze pump||647301||UK|
|Bari Breeze pump||647303||US|
|Bari Breeze pump||647304||Eur|
|Bari Breeze pump||647309AU||Australia|
|Width||33.5 cm (13”)|
|Height||28.5 cm (11”)|
|Depth||14 cm (5.5”)|
|Weight||4.5 kg (10 lbs)|
|Supply voltage||100-240 V|
|Electrical rating||50/60 Hz|
|Cell height, inflated||15cm (6”)|
|Safety air pad height||5 cm (2”)|
|Cover material||PU coated polyester (two way stretch)|
Electrical safety standard
|Canada||CAN/CSA C22.2 No 601.1-M90|
Degree of protection against electrical shock
|class I, type BF|
Degree of protection of ingress of fluids
|ordinary IPx0 (not protected)|
Mode of operation
Maximum resident/patient weight
|454 kg (1000 lbs)|
* Please check with your local sales representative if the product is available for sale in your country.