Mobility-promoting standing aid for dignity and independence
The Sara® Stedy is a further development of the successful Stedy® aid, a proven mobility-promoting support tool that encourages more mobile residents/patients to stand up independently.
The enhanced standing aid concept has become well established in a wide range of care environments, such as in elderly care and healthcare facilities, because it:
- offers a more suitable and dignified alternative to a wheelchair for the more mobile residents/patients
- it enables good, reassuring eye contact between the resident/patient and caregiver, unlike a wheelchair
- it provides transportation to the toilet and washbasin, and can support a wide range of other everyday activities
With a number of new improvements, the Sara Stedy helps to minimise manual handling by caregivers in an even wider range of care environments.
An increased inner width, a new seat shape and a higher safe working load of 182 kg, means the Sara Stedy can also be used to lift bariatric residents / patients.
Enhanced features include a pivoting divided seat and pedal-operated chassis legs, for greater resident / patient comfort and support, and to improve working routines for caregivers.
- The innovative pivoting seat makes it easier for the resident / patient to get into the lift
- The pedal-operated chassis legs can be easily adjusted for optimum access during transfers
- Buit-in seat handgrips integrated into the seat allow the caregiver to easily turn the support aid
- Better and softer knee support provides extra stability and support
- Total-lock castors - new total-lock castors provide complete stability when the aid is stationary
- Smaller castors and redesigned legs mean a lower chassis for better access
- Safe Working Load 182 kg
- The cross-bar handle allows the resident / patient to support him/herself by pulling rather than pushing when entering the lift. This can reduce the risk of urine leakage.
The Sara® Stedy encourages residents/patients to fully participate in transfers and daily living tasks, thereby improving circulation, breathing, digestion and muscle tone.
The Sara Stedy is a versatile stand and transfer aid that provides mobility-promoting support and encourages more mobile residents/patients to stand up independently. With an increased inner width, a new seat shape and a higher safe working load of 182 kg, the Sara Stedy can also be used to provide standing assistance for bariatric residents/patients. Enhanced features include a pivoting divided seat and pedal-operated chassis legs, for greater resident/patient comfort and support, and to improve working routines for caregivers.
- Weight 29.4 kg (64.82 lbs)
- Max. safe working 182 kg (400 lbs)
- Total length 905 mm (32 ¾”)
- Total height 1051 mm (41 ½”)
- Height of chassis 100 mm (4”)
- Internal width legs open 729 mm (28 ¾”)
- Low friction castors, the rear two with brakes
- Lifter – Protection class IPX4Approvals
- The product is in compliance with current legislation and applicable product standards
The Sara Stedy encourages residents/patients to fully participate in transfers, thereby improving circulation, breathing, digestion and muscle tone. When visiting the toilet, the resident/patient is encouraged to stand, while supported by Sara Stedy. The Sara Stedy increases the resident’s/patient’s independence and dignity and, when necessary, the caregiver can easily and safely assist the resident/patient in adjusting their clothes.
EPUAP- NPUAP - PPPIA CLINICAL PRACTICE GUIDELINE 2014: Considerations on Support Surfaces, Safe Patient Handling and Pressure Ulcer Prevention for Clinicians Pressure Ulcer Prevention and Treatment Solutions - TS.CF.50.1.GB-INT.2.AHG-singlepages.pdf
File name: TS.CF.50.1.GB-INT.2.AHG.pdf
Size: 3.04 Mb
* Please check with your local sales representative if the product is available for sale in your country.