A mobile bariatric lifting aid for dignified handling
With an optimum sling solution, the Tenor® mobile lift creates an integrated lifting system for safer, and more dignified handling to meet individual bariatric residents'/patients' needs.
The number of people classified as obese and bariatric is rising rapidly around the world. This trend is creating new challenges for care environments.
With a Safe Working Load of 320kg (704lbs), the Tenor mobile lift has been specifically designed to manage this type of resident/patient.
Increased comfort for the larger resident/patient
Good bariatric care requires not only special handling equipment with appropriate weight ratings, but also solutions that take into account the associated care problems of different body shapes.
Extra room for the larger resident/patient has been built in to the design of the Tenor. The widely spaced shoulder attachment points on the spreader bar, together with the extended boom length, ensures that residents/patients of different body shapes can be transferred in comfort.
- The Tenor® was designed in cooperation with residents/patients and caregivers
- Safe Working Load 320 kg (704 lbs)
- Every Tenor is tested before shipment to lift weights over and above its safe working load
- The new bariatric sling range (M-XXL) provides optimum support for different bariatric body shapes
- New four-point loop sling spreader bar with widely spaced shoulder attachment points to improve comfort for bariatric residents/patients
- Spreader bar can be rotated 360º to allow for exact positioning
- Light weight aluminum structure
Caregivers and nurses should be able to work safely and ergonomically, using mechanical equipment and working methods that are optimised for bariatric care.
Caregivers will recognise many aspects of the Tenor® from working with other Arjo mobile lifts: easy to apply slings, simple handheld control unit and ergonomically sound procedures. All bariatric slings are colour-coded to make size selection as easy as possible.
Measurements and weights
|Safe working load||320 kg (704 lbs)|
|Weight, incl. battery||63 kg (138 lbs)|
|Battery capacity||24 V 4 Ah|
|Protection class (lifter)||IPX4|
|Protection class (handset)||IP67|
|Power supply||9V DC|
|Battery life||approx. 3000 readings|
|Dual operating controls on handset and mast|
The Tenor is a highly efficient solution for transferring and positioning bariatric residents/patients. The combination of the new four-point spreader bar’s widely spaced shoulder attachment points and the extended boom length ensures that residents/patients can be transferred in comfort and, if necessary, repositioned through 360º for access to a bed, chair or wheelchair. One major advantage with the Tenor system is its mobility – it can provide good coverage in bariatric care, as it can be easily moved to wherever it is needed.
- Battery-powered height-adjustable sling lift.
- Safe working load of 320 kg (704 lbs).
- 2 batteries and charger as standard.
- Four-point hook spreader bar for use with bariatric loop sling range.
- A service indicator measures in hours to give accurate usage, indicating service intervals.
- Battery Discharge Indicator (BDI) with coloured display to indicate the power remaining in the battery.
- Audible warning signal to indicate that the battery requires changing to the second battery.
- Handset to provide complete control when working closer with residents/patients.
Bariatric sling range:
- Bariatric M
- Bariatric L
- Bariatric XL
- Bariatric XXL
* Please check with your local sales representative if the product is available for sale in your country.