A truly ergonomic multi-purpose hygiene chair
A multipurpose hygiene chair for more dependent residents/patients. Reduces static load and saves time for the caregiver and makes the hygiene routines safer, more comfortable and dignified for the resident/patient.
The Carendo® can improve quality of life by making assisted showering and other hygiene routines not only safer and more comfortable, but also a more dignified experience.
Making tasks easier and safer
Ergonomic design, battery-powered assistance and the care raiser function remove the stresses and strains from showering and other everyday hygiene routines, allowing the caregiver to work in a safe and ergonomically sound manner.
Improving care and efficiency
The Carendo also improves efficiency of the care, as it enables a single caregiver to perform the entire showering procedure, as well as a wide range of other everyday hygiene tasks. The high level of support provided by the Carendo results in streamlined routines that offer considerable time savings compared to traditional methods.
- The care raiser function is unique, as it lifts the lower part of the resident's/patient's body, enabling easy and discreet access for sensitive hygiene tasks
- A handset gives the caregiver complete control over the battery-powered functions: raising, lowering, reclining and the care raiser
- The high backrest and sturdy armrests provide optimum resident/patient support and security
- The reclined position gives full access for the caregiver to most parts of the body and is very comfortable for the resident/patient
The innovative ergonomic design of the Carendo® is highly versatile and can also support better routines for hair washing, pedicure, toileting, dressing undressing, and changing of incontinence pads.
The resident/patient can be positioned into a reclined position. The resident's/patient's posterior can be raised while they are reclined in the Care Raiser™ position. These positions can be achieved at all heights.
Measurements and weights
|Safe working load||136 kg (300lbs)|
|Weight||64 kg (141 lbs)|
|Lifting stroke (seat)||550 mm (21 5/8")|
|Seat height, lowest position||510 mm (20 1/8ʺ)|
|Maximum overall length||1520 mm (59 7/8ʺ)|
|Maximum overall width||650 mm (25 5/8ʺ)|
|Total height, upright position||1230 mm (48 3/8ʺ)|
|Total length, upright position||940 mm (37ʺ)|
|Chassis, Max width||640 mm (25 1/5ʺ)|
|Chassis, width between legs||508 mm (20ʺ)|
|Supply voltage||24 V DC|
|Max power||150 VA|
|Protection Class||IPX4 (complete product)|
- Care raiser function allowing undressing/dressing, improving accessibility, changing of incontinence pads, etc.
- Electrically height adjustable to enable the right working height for good ergonomics.
- Reclined position to position the resident/patient in a stretched position when showering.
- Two sets of driving and manoeuvre handles.
- Neck pillow for resident/patient comfort.
- Full length backrest with recess in the lower part of the backrest.
- Integrated net pocket for storage of personal belongings, such as shampoo, soap, etc.
- Handheld control unit for all functions with easy-to-understand symbols.
- Low battery buzzer.
- 2 sets of 24 V batteries with NiMH technology (nickel-metal hydride), chargeable at any level.
- Emergency lowering.
- Emergency stop.
- Safety strap.
- Lifting capacity 136 kg (300 lbs).
- Bedpan holder
- Bedpan, plastic
- Toilet adaptor
* Please check with your local sales representative if the product is available for sale in your country.