The Calypso™ with a new comfortable PUR seat
The Calypso™ hygiene lift chair has been developed to prevent nursing staff and caregivers from sustaining back injuries at work caused by the manual handling or lifting of residents/patients.
The new seat, in PUR material, is soft and comfortable and is also easy to clean, thanks to its one piece construction.
With the Calypso, one caregiver can safely and comfortably transfer a resident/patient who is able to sit upright, directly from the bed to bath, shower or toilet, and back again, without any manual lifting or extra transfers.
The Calypso is compatible with all fixed and height-adjustable baths from ArjoHuntleigh.
Designed for semi-dependent residents/patients, the Calypso provides a high standard of comfortable support for stress-free bathing.
Making tasks easier and safer
Caregivers can use the Calypso to perform the bathing process, as well as other hygiene tasks, without manual lifting or extra transfers.
Improving care and efficiency
As a single caregiver can handle the bathing and hygiene procedures alone, this maximises efficiency and also ensures personal one-to-one care for the resident/patient.
The Calypso is compatible with height-adjustable baths and the Prelude® shower cabinet.
- The Calypso™ is a battery-powered hygiene lift chair designed for easy operation, with a handheld height adjustment control unit.
- Easy-to-grip handles make manoevring and positioning smooth and easy.
- The Calypso also has double backrests with integrated handles.
- Two seat versions are available: the Classic seat and a version in soft, easy-to-clean PUR material.
- It can also be used for toileting.
- Options include a leg rest, a seat cushion and an electronic scale.
Battery-powered height-adjustable hygiene lift chair for lifting, transferring, showering and bathing residents/patients.
Measurements & weights
|Safe working load||136 kg (300 lbs)|
|Stroke range||565 mm (22 2/9")|
|Height of chassis||160 mm (6 1/4”)|
|Total width||641 mm (25 2/9”)|
|Total length||933 mm (36 7/9”)|
|Seat height (from floor)||430 mm to 995 mm (17" to 39 1/8”)|
|Weight||55 kg (120 lbs)|
|Clearance under seat||Min 400 mm to 965 mm (15 3/4" to 38”)|
|Protection class||IP X6 (handset)|
- 24 V battery for height adjustment via handheld control unit.
- Moulded closed-cell polyurethane seat, with toilet opening, for easier cleaning and disinfecting.
- Detachable and removable battery, with low battery indicator lamp.
- Automatic safety stop if lowered onto an obstacle.
- Foldable back and hand rests.
- Four castors with brakes.
- Safety belt.
- Lifting capacity 300 lbs (136 kg).
* Please check with your local sales representative if the product is available for sale in your country.