Prone positioning with Arjo helps to:
1. Lower the risk of musculoskeletal injury and improve care efficiency
Patient handling solutions assist you in mitigating the risk of injury to caregivers and improve efficiency during prone positioning¹,² by:
- Reducing physical effort
- Lowering the number of caregivers required
- Enabling caregivers to carry out the manoeuvre in a controlled manner
2. Enable safe and controlled patient positioning
Using a passive lift to assist with patient positioning:
- Provides greater control for safe and gentle positioning of the patient
- May help reduce the risk of adverse events during patient positioning
3. Prevent pressure injury
As patients often spend in excess of 16 hours per day in the prone position,³ the prevention of pressure injuries has never been more important.
The utilisation of an appropriate support surface to provide pressure redistribution, microclimate management, and other therapeutic functions is a key intervention.