Flowtron ACS 900
The Convenient Choice - Uniform and Sequential VTE Prevention with ONE Active Compression System.
The Flowtron® ACS900 Active Compression System delivers a simple, easy to use method of enhancing the circulation of blood in the deep veins of the legs, reducing venous stasis and helping to prevent the formation of DVT.
Both Uniform and Sequential compression are proven to help prevent VTE1 when used as part of a prescribed care pathway.
The Flowtron ACS900 Active Compression System delivers both Uniform and Sequential modalities from one simple, easy to use pump, providing convenience and choice.
Flowtron garments are non-thermal in nature, with excellent moisture management properties2, which are key factors contributing to patient comfort.
A combination of garments can be used at the same time; i.e. foot and calf, providing convenience and choice for the caregiver. The patented SmartSense™ automatic garment recognition technology incorporated in the Flowtron ACS900 will automatically detect the attached garments and supply the correct pressure.
One system for all active compression therapy provides convenience, choice and comfort, while aiding asset management by reducing the need for multiple pumps in the healthcare facility.
A unique cable management system aids tubeset and power cord management in the clinical area and during transportation and storage.
The integrated battery provides uninterrupted compression therapy and the Patient Run Hours Meter records how long the compression has been delivered.
Protocols for use
The Flowtron ACS900 Active Compression System is suitable for DVT prevention in acute care environments, as a single or adjunctive therapy.
- Severe arteriosclerosis or other ischemic vascular diseases.
- Severe congestive cardiac failure or any condition where an increase of fluid to the heart may be detrimental.
- Known or suspected acute DVT, thrombophlebitis or Pulmonary Embolism (PE).
- Any local condition that the garment could disturb, including: gangrene, a recent skin graft, dermatitis or untreated, infected leg wounds.
For further information on Indications, Contraindications, Cautions and Warnings, refer to the ACS900 Active Compression System Instructions for Use (IFU).
- Guyatt G, Akl E, Crowther M et al (2012). Executive summary: antithrombotic therapy and prevention of thrombosis, 9thed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence Based Clinical Practice Guidelines. Chest, 141:7S-47S
- Data on file
With the patient in mind
- Quiet pump, promoting rest and recovery
- Cable management system to reduce tubing around bed/chair space
- Integrated battery to ensure continuation of therapy during transportation
- Comfortable, lightweight garments
With the caregiver in mind
- Fixed tubesets - ready for therapy at all times
- Distinctive single tube design to deliver uniform and sequential therapy from single pump
- Unique snap lock connectors with patented SmartsenseTM Auto Garment Recognition automatically adjusts compression cycle without additional user intervention
- Large LCD screen to view and manage therapy status
- Patient Run Hours Meter to view time compression has been delivered
- Real Time Pressure Indication to ensure correct pressure is being delivered
- Large LED light display to ensure visibility from all angles
- Integrated carry handle to aid transportation
With the facility in mind
- Convenience of a single pump for all active compression therapy
- Aids asset management
- Reduced cost of stocking multiple pumps
- Consistency in training and ongoing support
Model - Flowtron® ACS900 Active Compression System
Compression - Uniform and Sequential; Calf, Thigh and Foot
Variants - Standard length tubeset 7ft; Extended length tubeset 13ft
Further specifications can be found in the Instructions For Use (IFU).
The Flowtron ACS900 pump should only be used with the following garments:
|Order Code||Type||Calf Circumference||Therapy|
|DVT10||Standard Calf Garment||Up to 17”||Uniform|
|DVT10S||Standard Calf Garment (Sterile)||Up to 17”||Uniform|
|L501-M||Standard Calf Garment||Up to 17”||Uniform|
|DVT20||Large Calf Garment||Up to 23”||Uniform|
|DVT60L||Bariatric Calf Garment||Up to 32”||Uniform|
|TRP10||Regular Calf Garment||Up to 17”||Sequential|
|TRP20||Large Calf Garment||Up to 23”||Sequential|
|TRP60L||Bariatric Calf Garment||Up to 32”||Sequential|
|Order Code||Type||Thigh Circumference||Therapy|
|DVT30||Standard Thigh Garment||Up to 28”||Uniform|
|DVT30S||Standard Thigh Garment (Sterile)||Up to 28”||Uniform|
|L503-M||Standard Thigh Garment||Up to 28”||Uniform|
|DVT40||Large Thigh Garment||Up to 35”||Uniform|
|TRP30||Regular Thigh Garment||Up to 28”||Sequential|
|TRP40||Large Thigh Garment||Up to 35”||Sequential|
|Order Code||Type||Shoe Size||Therapy|
|FG100||Foot Garment - Regular||Women up to size 9; Men up to size 7||Uniform|
|FG100S||Foot Garment - Regular (Sterile)||Women up to size 9; Men up to size 7||Uniform|
|FG200||Foot Garment - Large||Women size 9½ or above;|
Men size 7½ or above
|FG200S||Foot Garment - Large (Sterile)||Women size 9½ or above;|
Men size 7½ or above
* Please check with your local sales representative if the product is available for sale in your country.