The Hydroven 12 system offers a choice of different treatment options in a single easy-to-use device. Its innovative treatment options set a new standard in 12-chamber Intermittent Pneumatic Compression (IPC) systems for the treatment of venous and lymphatic conditions.
For the first time, treatment options can be combined to provide optimum therapy conditions that are tailored to meet individual resident/patient needs. The Hydroven 12 system offers the following treatment options:
An intensive and effective therapy, whereby each cell inflates in sequence and remains inflated until the air is released from each cell simultaneously. A 60% pressure gradient helps restore the natural hydrostatic balance of the limb, ensuring maximum comfort and outstanding results.
A peristaltic cycle with a 60% pressure gradient in which one cell inflates, followed by a second and a third. While the third is inflating the first cell deflates. This pattern of inflation continues in a distal to proximal direction. Wave therapy is ideal for patients that cannot tolerate sequential compression or where there is focal discomfort.
A unique patented inflation and deflation sequence, designed according to the principles of Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD), which aims to help clear the proximal lymphatics to assist lymph flow in the affected limb.
By mimicking the sequence of pressures applied in Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) in a distal to proximal direction, progressively down the limb, the unique LymphAssist therapy helps to promote efficient fluid transfer through the lymphatic system.
Intermittent Pneumatic Compression can be used safely and effectively for the treatment of patients with breast carcinoma associated lymphoedema. The ease of application of IPC as a long-term therapeutic intervention suggests that it may warrant more widespread use in this patient population. The therapy is well tolerated and remarkably free of complications. *1
1. Szuba A, Achalu R & Rockson S (2002) Decongestive lymphatic therapy for patients with breast carcinoma-associated lymphoedema. Cancer; 95 (11): 2260-2266.
• A timer function for automatic therapy shut down, without the need for intervention, as well as an override continuous run feature.
• User-friendly LED control panel that clearly displays the system settings.
• Option to use single or dual garments from a single pump.
• Anti-tamper pressure, cycle time and treatment settings option lock function, for safe and effective treatment of limbs.
• Polarised push on connectors for safe and accurate garment connection.
• Visual and audible alarm function to ensure correct pressures are delivered to the patient, with minimum disruption.
• Ergonomically designed casing made from strong impact resistant plastic makes the pump ideal for use in a busy clinic or at home.
• Sleep mode power saving function.
• Anti-slip feet, angled for easy viewing of the system control panel for tabletop or trolley use.
The Hydroven® 12 IPC is designed for a wide variety of vascular and lymphatic conditions. System should be used as part of a prescribed plan of care.
Garment Instructions For Use
Category: Instructions for use
File name: 316901_05.pdf
Size: 0.54 Mb
* Please check with your local sales representative if the product is available for sale in your country.