Ergocoach is an education programme which provides identified caregivers with the knowledge and skills that will enable them to become peer leaders in people handling within their own facility. During the course, emphasis is placed upon the seamless integration of theory and practice, using a coaching approach as opposed to formal classroom training. Active learning is promoted with the development of reasoning, judgement and decision making skills. This encourages improvement in both the quality of care the person receives as well as making improvements to the quality of work for caregivers and their colleagues.
The Diligent programme is delivered by clinical specialists such as Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and Nurses. They provide tailored consultation, formal education programmes and ergonomic advice to Acute and Long Term Care organisations.
Why choose the Ergocoach Programme?
- Nurtures a coaching approach, advocating workplace competency in safer people handling practices
- Encourages caregivers to maximise independence of the people they care for whilst ensuring their own and their colleagues safety
- Evidence based using national and international best practice from leading experts and organisations: National Back Exchange (The Guide to the Handling of People, 6th Edition), Skills for Health, Health and Safety Executive, RCN, COT, CSP, NIOSH, ISOTR- Ergonomics in Healthcare
- Training in the use of people handling equipment to meet current legislative requirements (MHRA, LOLER, PUWER)
- Utilises robust training records and documentation processes, providing a strong evidence base to demonstrate compliance with national best practice and the criteria set by regulatory authorities such as the Care Quality Commission and Health Inspectorate Wales
- Use of standardised assessment ‘tools’ such as the Mobility Gallery™ and the Handbook of Transfers to assist with pragmatic handling assessments as well as solution identification