Plus Size Study Day
This study day will provide delegates with an introductory toolkit of practical solutions to help them and their colleagues address the safe patient handling and mobility needs of plus size people within health and social care. Based upon a mixture of evidence based practice, case study presentations and practical hands on sessions, the study day will enable the delegate to identify solutions for the management of plus size person within health and social care.
Why choose the 1 day Introduction to the Management of a Plus Size Person?
- Attending the study day will support delegates to understand terminology, local demographics, body shapes regarding plus size people
- Prescribe suitable plus size solutions to meet the needs of the individual
- Evidence based using national and international best practice from leading experts and organisations
- Practice with the use of people handling equipment to meet current legislative requirements
- Utilises robust training records and documentation processes
- Use of standardised assessment ‘tools’ such as the Mobility Gallery™ and the Handbook of Transfers to assist with pragmatic handling assessments as well as solution identification