Smart range of comfortable community beds
Our range of Minuet® 2 community beds takes many of the features and benefits of the highly acclaimed acute care range and delivers them in a new package optimised for use in residential settings.
Designed for use in residential and convalescent homes and private residences, Our range of Minuet 2 community beds provides a real solution for independent living.
The Minuet 2 range's Pro-Contour® advanced profiling system with intelligent profiling delivers outstanding pressure, shear and friction reduction, helping to reduce the risk of pressure injury development*, as well as improving postural support and comfort for the resident/patient.
With a low platform height, easy storage and transportation, a smart domestic appearance and a safe working load of 180 kg (396 lbs), the Minuet 2 helps to improve safety, comfort and independence for residents/patients, and minimises the strain of transferring and handling tasks for caregivers, thereby also reducing the risk of injury.
* when used with an Arjo recommended mattress support surface.
The Minuet 2 complies with the latest IEC 2-52 bed standards.
- Low platform height 250 mm (10”) from the floor.
- Safe working load 180 kg (396 lbs).
- Electric backrest, knee break and height adjustment.
- Pro-Contour advanced profiling for reduced pressure, shear and friction.
- Battery back-up.
- Integrated mattress platform extension of 130 mm (5 1/4”) with mattress retainer.
- Designed for use in private, residential and convalescent homes.
- Easy to disassemble into four parts for improved installation access.
- Compact storage/transportation, using transit brackets.
- Optional foot-down/head-down two-way tilt.
- Compatible with a wide range of pressure redistribution and pressure relieving mattresses from ArjoHuntleigh.
- Wide range of accessories available.
Developed by the International Electrotechnical Commisssion (IEC), the IEC60601-2-52:2009 standard is the new benchmark for medical bed performance and safety.
While the standard covers many aspects including electrical safety, load bearing, stability and durability, one of the main requirements focuses on reducing the risk of resident/patient entrapment in or around the bed frame.
Maximising Patient Safety
Use of extensive incident and risk data has enabled the IEC to identify a number of areas around the bed where entrapment of a resident's/patient’s head, neck or chest might result in a serious or life-threatening situation. By prescribing stringent test parameters for these areas, the aim is to reduce entrapment risks to the minimum possible level during operation and use of the bed.
Our Minuet® 2 has been independently tested by a globally renowned organisation, to certify that it complies with the latest stability, dimensional and safety requirements of the IEC60601-2-52 standard.
Measurements and weights
|Overall standard length||2260 mm|
|Overall length (extended)||2390 mm|
|Overall width without safety sides||940 mm|
|Overall width with safety sides||1050 mm|
|Mattress size (length x width)||1980 x 860 mm|
|Height range||250 - 660 mm|
|Tilt range (if fitted)||+/- 10°|
|Backrest angle (maximum)||73°|
|Thigh elevation (maximum)||32°|
|Safe working load||180 kg|
|Head end||22.8 kg|
|Foot end||22.8 kg|
|Foot end deck||19.8 kg|
|Head end deck||23.5 kg|
|Electrical data (all models)|
|Power in||1.0A max at 230V a.c 50Hz|
|Electric shock protection||Class II, Type B|
|Battery||12V d.c sealed, rechargeable, lead/acid gel 1.2 amp hrs|
01.MB.40.GB-INT.1.AHG - Minuet 2-52 Standard insert
File name: 01.MB.40.GB.1.AHG---Minuet-2-52-Standard-insert.pdf
Size: 1.09 Mb
* Please check with your local sales representative if the product is available for sale in your country.