Updated 15th March 2020
The Australian Government’s Department of Health (DOH) and other health authorities recommend that everyone should practise good hygiene to protect against infections. Other recommendations from the DOH include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60-95% alcohol. It is preferable soap and water should be used if hands are visibly dirty.
- Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, countertops, and doorknobs. Use the cleaning agents that are usually used in these areas and follow the directions on the label.
- Use a tissue and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze
- Avoiding close or physical contact with others, such as handshaking
https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov#prevention for more information.