You are visiting a website that is not intended for your region

The page or information you have requested is intended for an audience outside the United States. By continuing to browse you confirm that you are a non-US resident requesting access to this page or information. Switch to the US site. 

What do I do if I (or someone in my household) have developed symptoms of COVID-19?

Updated 15th March 2020 

  • Inform your Manager and/or HR and do NOT attend work;
  • If you are seriously unwell and it is an emergency, call 000 immediately.
  • Continue to keep yourself apart from other people as much as possible (e.g. in a different room).
  • Wear a surgical mask if you have one.
  • Call your local public health unit on 1300 066 055; they will assess you and advise on what to do next.
  • If you can’t contact the public health unit, see a doctor, preferably at a hospital emergency department, as soon as possible.
  • Phone the emergency department before attending so they can make arrangements for when you arrive to prevent the spread of infection to others.
  • Do not travel on public transport, use taxis or rideshares? and do not attend any public places.


This information is based on recommendations from Health Authorities, including the DOH, if you are in doubt, please seek professional medical advice